Torrance Job Description Sample
Cost/Accounting Manager For Division Of Publicly Held Aerospace Manufacturer
Accounting Manager Job Description
Our client is an established Aerospace Manufacturer, a division of a publicly held company. They are seeking an experienced and dynamic Accounting professional to join their team as Accounting Manager.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will oversee financial reporting and day to day operations of the Finance Department. Supervise, coordinate and perform when necessary, activities of the general and cost accounting staff. Plan, develop and establish accounting policies, procedures and objectives. Establish, modify and coordinate implementation of SOX 404 compliant accounting practices and accounting control procedures. Hands on resolution of accounting, finance, and operational issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business related field; CMA, MBA, CPA a plus
- 5+ years Accounting/Auditing experience within a Manufacturing environment preferably Aerospace & Defense or components manufacturing
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience a plus
- Public Accounting from Manufacturing sector of Big 4 or Tier 2 CPA firm acceptable
- Experience with SOX 404 assessment tools, audits and tax packages preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of ERP Systems and MS Office applications
- Advanced knowledge of Excel: creating and updating spreadsheets and formulas, VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Understanding of inventory systems, cost accounting, financial reporting budgeting, forecasting and manufacturing systems from a cost perspective.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Sr. UX Designer
Assistant Zone Manager, Parts & Service
Research Scientist (Algorithm) – Innovative & Dynamic Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 130 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
As Research Scientist (Algorithm) you will have the unique responsibility to significantly contribute and lead the practical implementations of the image processing (real-time video-rate and post processing), machine vision, image and video-based machine learning for surveillance and visualization applications and imaging sensors/systems (hardware). You will be involved with data acquisition, processing, analysis. Another role you will play is to research and provide solutions to address the system requirements as well as to contribute and lead efforts in system design, modeling, testing and analysis. You will be an impact player on the team!
The exciting areas of research include: algorithms for pattern, object, color, target detection/classification/recognition, tracking, projection/prediction, images/video stabilization, converting point-cloud to solid-model, real-time processing including compression, hardware implementation, and remote sensing including EO/IR and LIDAR.
Other great things you will get to do:
- Lead the architecture design, development, and implementation activities related to image processing software development.
- Interact with technical team in selecting, evaluating, and/or developing software applications and packages for selected platforms.
- Work with government and non-government representatives to ensure the system integration and fielding requirements are understood and addressed.
- Provide technical write-ups related to system, hardware, and software development on bids and proposals.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise in design, test, evaluation, and analysis of algorithms/software/hardware architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in image/video processing development and implementation.
- Exposure to design, simulate and prototype data processing software
- Knowledge in contributing and being able to lead multiple programs simultaneously, achieving required results on time and on budget
- Exposure to using the modern programming, modeling, and simulation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python, OpenGL and OpenCV libraries, COMSOL, ZEMAX etc.) for 3D reconstruction, object detection, tracking, classification and recognition, point-cloud/solid-model conversion, and other processing algorithm/systems developments to contribute to R&D programs.
- Familiar with preparing technical proposals and documentations and presenting technical concepts and designs to Senior Management and customers.
- MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Physics, or Applied Mathematics, plus 5 years of hand-on image/video processing system development and implementation experience. PhD Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Physics, or Applied Mathematics, plus 3 years of hands-on experience (Preferred).
U.S. Citizenship is required and must be able and ready to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance
MS Trainer - Ambulatory EMR
Tbc Tire Tech
Associate Team Leader
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!