Van Nuys Job Description Sample
Aviation Safety Inspector (Manufacturing)
Product Marketing Manager
Come join our team of music lovers at Alfred Music - we're looking for YOU to join us as the Product Marketing Manager!
Who We Are:
We are Alfred Music Publishing, a world-leading music publisher located in Van Nuys, California. We currently have over 150,000 active titles and represent a wide range of well-known publications—from methods like Alfred’s Basic Guitar, Alfred’s Basic Piano Library, Premier Piano Course, Sound Innovations, and Suzuki, to artists like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, and The Who, to brands like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz, Rolling Stone magazine, and Billboard.
The Product Marketing Manager - School & Solo Performance is responsible for creating impactful, creative marketing campaigns, focused on the school and solo performance part of Alfred Music’s world-renowned educational music catalog. We're looking for someone with strong music background who truly understands this audience.
This varied role requires an exceptional marketing brain to strategize and advocate for assigned product lines to help achieve yearly marketing objectives and sales targets. You will utilize e-mail blasts, website features, blog articles, and social networking copy as part of their campaigns as well as ensures all product information, sample pages, cover scans, and sample recordings are populated in appropriate databases, adhering to company marketing editorial guidelines. Additional responsibilities include: establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with editors, counterparts within the company, authors and clinicians, outside print vendors, and other industry contacts.
As PMM - School & Solo Performance, your day-to-day will look like:
- Developing product positioning and messaging that creatively differentiates Alfred Music products in the market
- Developing comprehensive marketing plans for specified categories
- Communicating product value proposition to the sales team and developing the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch: Assisting with planning and launching of new products and releases; managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Demand generation: Developing the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for assigned products
- Reviewing and directing designs for catalog layouts, flyers, brochures, and event-related collateral as needed
- Maintaining open, efficient communication between Production, Editorial, and Customer Team counterparts on new and existing product development
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Passion for helping the world experience the joy of making music
- Marketing and/or Music Business degree; Music Education (instrumental teacher/retail) experience also preferred, i.e. orchestra
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage, and complete (on-deadline) multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints. Proven track record in project and budget management.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills, using proper English usage and writing constructs
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Google Drive Applications: Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as necessary
- Ability to lift and move boxes weighing 50 lbs+ on occasion
Benefits and Perks Include:
- Company subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- $600/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires including increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- 401(k) 5% match
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
More about us:
Alfred Music’s passion is supporting music education with a focus on publishing quality methods, performance, and reference materials for teachers, students, and professionals, spanning every musical instrument, style, and difficulty level. Since 1922, Alfred Music has been a world leader in music education and has helped over 10 million individuals learn, teach, and play music through our pedagogically sound products.
In 2016, Alfred Music joined the Peaksware Holdings portfolio of companies which includes MakeMusic (SmartMusic & Finale), bringing together the leaders in educational music publishing and music technology. Alfred is now paired with MakeMusic to transform how music is composed, published, taught, learned, and performed.
Peaksware's additional brands include TrainingPeaks and TrainHeroic.
Customer Service Associate
We are looking for a responsible Staff Accountant to assist with the preparation of payroll,
accounts payable and other accounting and administrative duties for a non-profit organization
(and its related entities). The position works under the supervision of the Controller.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepares accounting entries to registers, journals and logs.
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
• Processes payroll, benefit plan reports, payroll taxes and other government filings,
including quarterly and year-end payroll reports and annual sales tax and LM-10 reports.
• Handles accounts payable payments and documentation to ensure accuracy and timelines
• Follows established accounting processes
• Provides and maintains detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
• Assists in preparing documentation for external auditors.
• Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality
• Performs other accounting and administrative duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• At least 3 years of experience as a Staff Accountant
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
• Proficient in accounting software (SAGE 100) and Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail
Sales Consultant - Home Theater
Client Service Representative
Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!