Van Nuys Job Description Sample
Full Charge Bookkeeper Needed FOR Property Management Company
We are an established property management business looking for a FULL time, full charge bookkeeper who is extremely proficient in Quickbooks. This position requires experience in a property management setting as the ideal candidate will have also have responsibilities in the property supervision of the buildings we own and manage.
Position Title: Full Time Bookkeeper/ Property Supervisor- Property Management Co.
A small, well-established Property Management Company has an immediate opening for a full time, Full Charge Bookkeeper. This position requires someone with a strong Full Charge Bookkeeping / Accounting background as well as experience with property management.
Quickbooks accounting experience is mandatory as well as advanced Excel & Word skills. We are seeking a talented and tech savvy individual to maintain company accounting records and manage small portfolio of properties. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in bookkeeping / accounting and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a property management setting is a must!
This position has a full work load in fast-paced environment. Applicants who are not able to adapt and be flexible need not apply.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A self- starter with a strong work ethic
- Effective even when given little direction or formal guidance
- Organized and methodical; detail-oriented
- Aptitude for numbers and financial analysis
- Multi-tasker; able to handle multiple ongoing projects and interceptions with ease and professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive; able to solve problems
- Maintaining accuracy of key financial statements/ reports
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Bank Statement Reconciliation (for 20 + bank accounts)
- Banking/ Check writing for maintenance/ construction related expenses
- Categorizing receipts and expenses properly- VERY IMPORTANT! Receipts and expenses must be allocated CORRECTLY!
- Account Reconciliation (weekly/ monthly)
- Customer Invoicing (statements, income/ expense reports)
- Semi-monthly payroll for employees (broken down by hours worked per job/ property)
- Resolve vendor issues and payable discrepancies
- Receivables and Payables (rent & bills paid from each property with the bank account associated with that building)
-Supervision of Resident Managers and the proper execution of property management procedures.
-Leasing and Marketing of rental properties
-Interacting with maintenance department and the related vendors
-Resolution of governmental agency tenant issues
-Experience with unlawful detainer and small claims court procedures
Compensation $20.00 Hour & Up - Depending on Experience
We are seeking a Sales Support Associate to join our team! You will be responsible for helping our sales tam by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
- Handle sales team with inquiries and complaints
- Provide information about the products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
- Document and update customer records based on interactions
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products and services
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our goal is to be the premier construction supply company. Arrow's extensive inventory of the products and brands you need is unmatched in the industry.
Simply put, Arrow has built a supply house that many contractors have come to depend on. Excellent service and massive inventory have helped contractors finish their jobs on time, as promised. Arrow's thousands of customers are the testimony of our success. We supply to the rough construction trades for all of Southern California.
We are a full line distributor of power tools including Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, Hitachi, etc.
Delivery Service Technician - Driver
Seeking CUSTOMER FOCUSED, Energetic, Problem Solvers to join our growing TEAM!
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday w/ possible weekend work
MUST HAVE CLASS A OR B CDL
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Inc., a Home Depot Company, located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a team of over 600 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Compact Power Equipment Rental Division operates in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The Compact Power fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, Compact Power Equipment Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
Delivery Service Technician’s (DST) role is to deliver rental equipment to our customers and provide basic operations training on the proper and appropriate use. Since the DST is the frontline and face of our rental business, professionalism, strong communication skills, and a service orientation are key requirements for this role. Additionally, the DST will be responsible for preventative maintenance and cleaning rental equipment prior to and after each rental delivery.
Ensures daily rental readiness of equipment through visual inspection and methodical preventative maintenance to ensure operational safety
Performs troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment and makes basic repairs
Local delivery to and pick up of rental equipment and supplies from customer location
Demonstration of proper and safe equipment operation to customers on delivery
Accurately obtain required signatures on rental contracts
Ability to leverage other members of field service teams to ensure deliveries are made on time and without failure
Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
Complete proper check-in and check-out procedures at equipment depot
Participate in training events
Perform other duties assigned by the Area Rental Manager or authorized personnel
- Prior experience in safe operation of construction machinery within rental industry, and working understanding of load securement and transport
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to conduct preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and make minor mechanical repairs to equipment
- DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card), or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge of and/or have experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
- Safe driving record
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, doing what is necessary to exceed customer expectations
- Communicate effectively with management and peers
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances (weather, traffic)
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Prior training with similar commercial equipment
- Two (2) years’ experience operating commercial vehicles
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs safely
High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.
Compact Power Equipment, Inc. ® is comprised of two components:
Compact Power Equipment Rental- As a partner of The Home Depot Tool Rental Center, Compact Power Equipment Rental, or CPER for short, supplements the traditional product offering of tools, trucks and trailers with high quality towable rental equipment such as mini-skids, excavators, skid steers, trenchers and chipper shredders.
Compact Power Equipment Services- A world class organization of certified local technicians providing cost reducing maintenance services for facilities, commercial equipment and light construction equipment nationwide.
We are seeking a Community Manager to become a part of our team!
Those who state income preference and/or prior salary and meet all our qualifications will be
- Collect and deposit rent in a timely manner.
- Encourage tenants to comply with community rules
- Participate in the eviction process
- Keep tenant ledgers up to date
- Keep the property neat and sanitary
- Inspect for possible hazards (pot holes, tree limbs, leaks etc.)
- 3-5 years experience in property management/managerial role
- Accounting experience (preferred)
- Experience to use Microsoft Office, printing/scanning software
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with property management software (Buildium preferred, but not required)
- Bilingual preferred (English, Spanish)
- Contracting experience (preferred)
SLP Travel Job - Speech Language Pathologist
Provide professional assessments, diagnosis and treatment plans for patients at state-of-the-art facilities across the U.S. while working to prevent communication and swallowing disorders. We'll use your expertise at hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and schools nationwide to help them bridge-the-gap in patient services due to unforeseen staff shortages and planned vacancies.
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited educational program
- Current state license in good standing with the State License Board, state and contract-required competency tests and credentials
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) granted by the American Speech and Hearing Association
Get the stability, benefits & perks of a \"permanent\" position, but with the freedom to travel to the locations of your choice (often on our dime). Work in one setting or gain experience in multiple settings, it's entirely up to you! Partner with Jackson Therapy Partners on Travel Assignments from 13 Weeks or more and pick your location whether it's rural, metro or a popular tourist destination.
Awesome Benefits Your First Day:
- Weekly, On-Time Pay because that's how it should be.
- Customized Packages built specifically for you that may include referral bonuses, license and CEU reimbursement, and housing and relocation costs.
- Transparent Recruiting Process that won't leave you in the dark about where you're going or what you're getting.
- Flexible Work Schedules: You pick the contract option that fits you best from travel, local, part-time to flexible scheduling.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Referral Bonuses
- 24/7 Recruiter: Your main point of contact available by text, phone or email
- 401k Matching Plan & Full Medical
- 100% Paid Housing & Travel Reimbursement Available
- Travel & License Reimbursement
Apply now and you'll be contacted by a recruiter who will give you more information on this or other SLP vacancies in the settings and locations that matter most to you.
Associated topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist, speech therapist
Certified Nurse Assistant (Cna) ALL Shifts Available
California Healthcare Rehabilitation Center is looking for full-time and part-time Certified Nursing Assistants to build a career servicing its residents!
These compassionate individuals will be part of team filled with dedicated individuals and will provide direct hands-on care to residents to ensure residents attain or maintain the highest possible physical, mental and emotional well-being possible. The CNAs hired will assist in providing a clean, safe, dignified, happy and healthy environment for residents.
Not only will these individuals have the requisite skill sets to perform the job, but a collaborative and warm personality that will fit well in a family-like environment committed to serving a common purpose.
Complies with the facility’s attendance policy requiring regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
Prior to beginning of each shift, each CNA should receive communication report for their supervisor
Makes actual resident rounds, providing care, monitoring and observing the following at least three times per shift:
o Provision of pre-meal AM / PM care, consisting of oral hygiene, hand washing, toileting, bower and bladder retraining as indicated, F/C care and position as indicated, intake and output as required
o Proper positioning for all residents during meal time
o Assists residents with tray pass to ensure appropriate positioning, proper utensils, appropriate diet, placement of call light and assistance as indicated
o Provides appropriate meal substitutions as requested by resident
o Removes tray and observe/report/document percentage of meal taken
o Takes and monitors vital signs as indicated.
o Gathers equipment needed to provide bathing; e.g., shower gurney, poncho, shower chair, soaps, lotions, shampoos, ointments as indicated/ordered
o Assists in bathing or bed bath of residents as needed and/or per schedule
o Observes resident’s skin and documentations and reports skin conditions
o Responsible for Skin management that includes drying of skin and application of lotions, ointments, etc. as indicated
o Leaves resident room with call light accessible
o Transports residents to appropriate activity area for socialization and/or scheduled activities or area of resident preference
o Answers call light promptly. Timely response to call lights
Assists resident with dressing and grooming as indicated, including:
o Selects appropriate, individual linen needs for bed making to meet specific needs of resident; e.g., APP, LAL, Maxifloat Mattress, foot cradles, etc.
o Ensures that specialized pressure-reducing equipment is in place and functional
o Utilizes appropriate linens for specialized pressure-reducing beds
o When making residents’ beds, provides the necessary measures to ensure the safety, comfort, bed position and skin management needs of the resident, either
o Ensures proper functioning of safety-related equipment for direct resident care needs
o Assures Proper placement of equipment; e.g., enteral feeding equipment, intravenous poles, oxygen administration equipment
Provides Nourishment-related direct care activities- twice daily or as ordered:
o Delivers prescribed nourishments
o Assistances with intake of nourishments as indicated
o Documents intake of nourishments
Assists in snack / meal service and Dining Program:
o Assists resident with tray pass with provision of appropriate utensils as indicated
o Provides assistance with supervision, eating, socialization, enhanced nutritional intake (cueing/encouragement), appropriate seating arrangement, adjustment to meet special height and behavioral needs
o Monitors trays and documents meal percentage intake
Assures residents’ safety by performing appropriate two-hour room checks
Ensures appropriate safety devices are used as ordered
Participates in Happy Feet Program with specific resident
Monitors Falling Star and Super Star residents and ensure safety equipment is being utilized
Recognize and reports resident pain
Performs daily documentation on ADL flow sheets
Maintains incontinent residents clean, dry, free of odor, and appropriately clothed
Assists with range of motion exercises as needed
Monitors residents for evidence of pain and reports promptly
Performs infection control practices during resident care procedures
Observes residents’ condition changes and reports timely
Records care as given
Participates in the team management program of bowel, bladder, and hydration
Obtains linen carts and barrels at the beginning of shift, and removes and empties barrels at the end of the shift
Performs other duties or functions as assigned by the LVN or RN
Farmers Insurance Acquisition Opportunity
What is the Acquisition Program?
The Acquisition Agency Program is designed to give seasoned, well-capitalized professionals a turn-key system to quickly purchase a Farmers Exclusive Agency. By participating in the Acquisition Agency Program, Agency owners will be in a prime position to jump start their agency and achieve aggressive growth in the early years of operation via an existing book of business and a generous bonus program.
The Bonus program is paid out quarterly and starts at 27% of the written premium.
Our unique program is backed locally, with the complete support of the district office. We provide all the training you will need to successfully run a Farmers insurance agency.
Farmers Agents have access to over 60 products & services, from traditional products like auto and homeowners insurance to business, life insurance, and financial services. They receive extensive training developed by the award-winning University of Farmers, and a proven technology platform to help them build a strong, stable book of business.
Whats in it for me?
Economic interest in your business
Aggressive bonus structure during the first three years
Special loan and financing options
- Agents receive Farmers award-winning training and support
Unique compensation and bonus packages
- Access to more than 60 products and services through more than five different companies.
Quarterly Bonus Programs
Yearly Achievement Club Trips
- Position Requirements
Favorable Background Results
Favorable Credit History
Intermediate to advance computer skills
Exceptional telecommunication skills
About District 56
Farmers Insurance District 56 was founded in 1967, over 49 years ago. What makes our office different from the rest is the support we provide for our new agents. Unlike other offices, we have a hands on approach and work very closely to ensure you become successful. Another unique thing our office provides is free office space and training.
Bathroom Design Assistant
Established, successful and growing Remodeling Company is looking for a top notch Design Assistant. You MUST be detail oriented, organized, fast paced and have drawing skills, as well as outstanding phone skills, follow up skills, computer skills and problem solving skills. Additional skills that would be helpful would be Sales and Design skills and marketing experience. You'll be working directly with our CEO, our Sales Team, as well as upper management, and will learn by doing and through our unique training process. Responsibilities will include: assisting on sales calls, interior design assisting, managing incoming phone and email inquiries, referral cultivation,follow up paperwork, product research, on site deliveries and client communications.
Pay rate will be commensurate with skill level
Male Behavior Respite
Behavior Respite Staff to Work with Children with Autism (Preferred MALE)
The San Fernando Valley, 91405
We’re currently looking for staff to work PART-TIME/ FULL TIME. We have cases AVAILABLE weekend mornings/afternoons/evenings.
Position: Behavior Respite Staff
Pay: $12-$14/hour (depending on education & experience)
Current locations available: Canoga Park, Northridge, Studio City, Sylmar, Van Nuys, and Woodland Hills (various other locations throughout the San Fernando Valley will become available in the future)
Great opportunity for students from: Cal State Northridge (CSUN), Glendale Community College (GCC), Mission College, Moorpark College, Pierce College, L.A. Valley College (LAVC), Woodbury University, etc.
A Change in Trajectory, Inc. (ACT) is a family-oriented agency that’s committed to narrowing the gap between the developmental path of individuals with special needs and those with typical development. We provide comprehensive behavioral services for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders. We also provide parent education services. All our treatment modalities utilize evidence-based, state-of-the-art ABA strategies. We're equipped with highly professional, courteous staff who are respectful of privacy and are dedicated to the individuals they serve. Our operating model promotes personal growth and positive encouragement for families and team members. Please visit our website (www.act-works.net) for more information about us.
Work directly with children in their homes or other locations as needed. Assist them in carrying out daily tasks and routines such as chores while providing the parent(s)/guardian(s) temporary periods of rest from those duties. The goal of our Specialized Behavior Respite Program is to support families who qualify for respite services and whose children exhibit challenging behaviors due to significant deficits in cognitive, communication, and social skills. These challenging behaviors may pose health and safety concerns that exceed the ability of traditional respite service staff. For that reason, our respite staff receive CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) training as part of their training for this position.Core
1. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Prior experience working with children
4. Prior experience working with individuals with special needs
6. Bilingual applicants encouraged to applyOther
1. Live Scan fingerprinting
2. Valid California Driver License
Accounts Receivable Clerk
HVAC company looking for a Accounts Receivable clerk to provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- maintain up-to-date billing system
- generate and send out invoices
- follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- perform account reconciliations
- monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- research and resolve payment discrepancies
- generate age analysis
- review AR aging to ensure compliance
- maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc
- process credit card payments
- prepare bank deposits
- investigate and resolve customer queries
- process adjustments
- develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- assist with month-end closing
- collect data and prepare monthly metrics
Education and Experience
- knowledge of accounts receivable and general accounting principals
- knowledge of office administration and procedures
- knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- proficient in relevant computer software
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- attention to detail and accuracy
- good verbal and written communication skills
- organizational skills
- information management
- problem analysis and problem solving skills
- team member
- sense of urgency
- customer service skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!