Voorheesville Job Description Sample
NYSED Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is initiating a data analysis and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) preparation activities as the Case Management System (CaMS) needs to be modernized, and data quality and integrity issues resolved. ACCES-VR legacy solution also involves Unisys Mainframe, PowerBuilder and multiple SQL reports to meet federal compliance, and IT operational support of the application is critical. SED currently lacks staff with the skills to support this legacy system.
The programmer hired will be expected to
1) Analyze the existing legacy applications that support ACCES-VR services and document ‘as is’ system analysis artifacts
2) Document data models and legacy system data flows
3) Provide ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) mapping expertise and lead ETL tasks related to modernization of CaMS system
4) Assist with ACCES-VR federal reporting and data mart activities
5) Contribute to routine production data processes, running of SQL queries, and reporting administration
6) Assist with mainframe payment processing COBOL programs’ support
7) Manage mainframe routine data processes (daily, weekly, quarterly, annual)
8) Assist with the support of a small Java application which works with the rest of legacy ACCES-VR applications
9) Create test plans and contribute to unit, system integration and regression testing
10) Support data migration, data quality assurance testing and debugging activities
11) Lead technical analysis and design discussions and document technical artifacts related to a group of applications (PowerBuilder, Unisys Mainframe, PL SQL, Java, Oracle) that support ACCES-VR
|1.||84 months of experience leading ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) mapping and data conversion.||#of months||15|
|2.||84 months of experience writing complex SQL statements and executing SQL queries and reports that meet New York State Agencies’ or Federal compliance requirements or United States Governmental business needs.||#of months||15|
|3.||84 months of experience application coding, unit testing, system integration testing, regression testing, data migration testing, production implementation and operational support.||#of months||10|
|4.||36 months of experience using an industry-leader ETL tool (IBM InfoSphere DataStage or Informatica or equivalent).||#of months||15|
|5.||84 months of experience in Mainframe COBOL.||#of months||10|
|6.||12 months working with United States Government or New York State Agencies on complex legacy data conversion projects that involved a large environment of integrated legacy applications written in PowerBuilder or Mainframe COBOL.||#of months||5|
|7.||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from an accredited institution.||#of months||10|
AIX Power Commvault ECM Architect
Duties include but not limited to the following:
1. Architect/Install/configure/upgrade IBM AIX 6.1 – 7.2 OS infrastructure on Power 7/Power 8 hardware including P720, P750, P770, P780, 795 and P880.
2. Perform firmware upgrades on frames and HMC’s. Perform backup and restore of LPAR’s using CommVault and MKSYSB.
3. Design and configure PowerVM and all virtualization services such as Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA), VLAN, VLAN tagging, IVE, NPIV, CPU pooling, Live Partition Mobility (LVM) and virtual SCSI services to multiple VIO client partitions.
4. Install, configure and support an HA environment utilizing Power HA, manage NFS share, Samba, and GPFS clustered file systems.
5. Support servers with SAN attached storage utilizing EMC VMAX and VNX storage systems virtualized by VPLEX.
6. Maintain LPAR’s in an N-Tier, load balanced network environment using Global Site Selector/Content Services Switches. Submit firewall and DNS requests to the network team. Troubleshoot complex network issues.
7. Perform AIX diagnostic and tuning activities using ITM. Function as a single point of contact between the customer, other support teams, and vendors.
8. Modifying and managing KORN shell scripts and system utilities
9. Support LPAR’s running IBM middleware including IHS, WebSphere, MQ/Message Broker, InfoSphere DataStage, Rational ClearCase, Guardium, InfoPrint, Tivoli workload and monitoring.
10. Install and configure IHS/Apache web servers using LDAP and SiteMinder authentication.
11. Install and configure servers to run DB2, Oracle, Oracle clusterware, ColdFusion, Cobol, and assist DBA’s with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of software.
|1.||84 + months designing/installing/configuring/upgrading IBM AIX 5.3, 6.1, 7.1 & 7.2 operating systems on Power5, Power6 and Power7 platforms including installing and configuring PowerVM virtualization services and high availability technology including HACMP and Power HA||#OF MONTHS||25|
|2.||36+ months supporting servers utilizing Commvault backup and One Touch recovery solution.||#OF MONTHS||10|
|3.||60 + months supporting servers with virtualized SAN attached storage such as IBM SVC and EMC VPLEX. This experience should include installation and configuration of NFS shared, Samba, and GPFS clustered file systems.||#OF MONTHS||10|
|4.||84+ months creating, modifying and managing KORN shell scripts and system utilities||#OF MONTHS||5|
|5.||84 + months supporting LPAR’s running a variety of applications including, Tivoli workload, WebSphere, MQ/Message Broker, InfoSphere DataStage, Rational ClearCase, Guardium, InfoPrint, Cobol, Oracle Application and Oracle Clusterware, IHS/Apache web servers using LDAP and CA SiteMinder authentication.||#OF MONTHS||10|
|6.||84 + months maintaining LPAR’s in an N-Tier, load balanced network environment including experience working with network and DNS teams to troubleshoot issues relating to IP (both TCP and UDP), subnetting, routing, vlans, and firewalls||#OF MONTHS||10|
|7.||60 + months performing AIX diagnostic and tuning activities utilizing NMON and LPAR2RRD, IBM Tivoli , Zabbix, Splunk and functioning as a single point of contact between the customer, other support teams, and vendors.||#OF MONTHS||10|
Project supporting ISTOP legislation for preventing prescription drug malpractice
Create diagrams and documentation for application and infrastructure architecture.
Nurse Practitioner - Health Risk Assessments - Full-Time State Traveler
This position requires travel throughout the state seeing patients. Occasional overnight hotel stays are possible so, please consider how open to travel you are throughout your home state.
- Conduct comprehensive in-home health risk assessment to identify all active and chronic disease conditions as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit.
- Obtain vital signs, measure BMI, review pharmacological therapy and conduct a physical examination.
- Educate and counsel patient and family on any conditions identified during assessment and screening procedures.
- Make recommendations and communicate findings to Primary Care Physicians through documentation of outcomes on a provided tablet.
- BSN & Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Required to have one year of NP experience.
- Availability to commit to a full-time job.
- Board Certification with current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license.
- Experience dealing with a complex set of patients with a relatively high level of acuity.
The New York State Board of Elections requires a new system to manage candidates for public office and to meet campaign finance law requirements. The current system is 20+ years old and is obsolete. The new system will be implemented using Microsoft technologies including Internet, .Net and SQL Server.
1. Administer Oracle Database (11g) servers including executing and verifying routine management jobs such as regular backups and applying patches, updates and upgrades to newer versions.
2. Administer Oracle Forms and Reports version 10 including executing routine management including executing and verifying routine management jobs such as regular backups and applying patches, updates and upgrades to newer versions.
3. Administer Microsoft SQL servers and server clusters including executing and verifying routine management jobs such as regular backups and applying patches, updates and upgrades to newer versions.
4. Troubleshoot operational and performance issues on Oracle Database, Oracle Forms and Reports and Microsoft SQL servers.
5. Work with application developers to create or update PL-SQL code used within existing applications and to migrate date from Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server (MS/SQL).
|1.||84 Months experience managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Oracle database servers||#of months||12|
|2.||84 Months experience managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL servers and server clusters||#of months||12|
|3.||84 Months experience using PL SQL to create complex stored procedures and or scripts||#of months||12|
|4.||60 Months experience designing, modifying and creating relational databases, database tables, indexes and views.||#of months||12|
|5.||48 Months experience managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Oracle Forms and Reports servers||#of months||12|
|6.||48 Months managing database access controls||#of months||5|
|7.||12 Months experience supporting MS SQL Always on availability groups||#of months||5|
|8.||12 Months experience working with database encryption technologies||#of months||5|
|9.||Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or information technology.||#of months||5|
Oracle Data Migration Specialist
The RRSM project will result in a solution that will address the business transformation of three core business functions and the development of a modern, web-based application and reporting system for Homes and Community Renewal’s Office of Rent Administration (ORA), the Tenant Protection Unit (TPU, and the General Counsel’s office.
Perform all stages of data migration from data analysis to pre go-live validations, user acceptance testing, user sign-off, cut-over planning and post go-live validations.
Interact with legacy business users to understand business process flow, business logics and to assess major data objects, data volume for data migration.
Develop logical and physical data model for OLTP system.
Design, develop and maintain data migration programs and manage migration tools using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and T-SQL.
Develop data quality reports for the business to identify and drive data cleansing and remediation efforts.
Writing T-SQL for data validation and post conversion reports.
Develop complex queries using T-SQL.
Document data extraction, mapping, cleansing and migration processes.
|1.||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.||#of months|
|2.||At least 84 months experience developing complex end-to-end data migration programs||#of months|
|3.||At least 60 months experience identifying and proposing resolution of data quality problems using tools such as Oracle Enterprise Data Quality or Experian Pandora.||#of months|
|4.||At least 84 months experience in creating logical and physical data models for OLTP systems||#of months|
|5.||At least 84 months experience in complex SQL development.||#of months|
|6.||At least 84 months experience in internal and external stakeholder communications and outreach, including the development of presentations and other materials||#of months|
Be a Better YOU at BSNB!
Due to continued growth, BSNB is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Retail Banking Department as Personal Banker in our Voorheesville location.
A Personal Banker is responsible for assisting customers by discovering financial needs, helping with problem resolution, and processing transactions when needed. This position takes a lead role in creating an outstanding customer experience by resolving customer issues, opening new accounts, offering convenience services, and driving the branch to meet sales objectives. This position serves as the back-up to the Relationship Manager and is able to perform duties of the Customer Service Representative.
Successful candidates will have experience consulting with customers as well as proven customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years' experience in consumer banking, with experience in a supervisory role.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills are a must. Associate's degree required, bachelor's degree preferred.
BSNB provides a friendly and rewarding work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
BSNB is an Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. BSNB is a VEVRAA employer and has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.
Seeking experienced seasonal Tax Preparers who want to build their book of business and advance their tax knowledge to join our network of professionals, serving clients with diverse tax needs.
We offer competitive pay, incentive pay opportunity, flexible schedules, and advanced tax training and certification.
H&R Block is the industry's largest consumer tax services provider¹ and we have been focused on client service for over 60 years.
Apply today using any device at www.hrblock.com/careers > Tax Office Jobs
Tax Professional duties include:
Conducting face-to-face tax interviews with clients
Preparing complete and accurate tax returns
Generating business growth, increasing client retention, and offering additional products and services
Providing IRS audit support
Mentoring and supporting teammates
Required Skills & Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
Experience completing individual returns
Tax planning and audit support
Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing
Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or equivalent
Must complete 18-hour continuing education requirement and meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
Preferred Skills & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
CPA or Enrolled Agent certification
Experience completing complex returns (individual, trust, partnership)
5+ years experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
Sales and/or marketing experience
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
H&R Block is an equal opportunity employer.
1 Based on annual revenues for sales of tax preparation products and services.
For over 35 years, we have serviced automobiles in the Capital District and become one of the most trusted auto repair shops in the area with a 5-Star rating on Yelp and Google. We service foreign and domestic cars and we work hard to earn our customers’ trust. We also offer our employees a great place to work in a friendly team environment. We are looking for an experienced Journeyman Automotive Technician (A Tech) to join our team and continue with our tradition of excellent auto repair and service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the following:
- Diagnostics and problem identification
- Recommendation of repairs to service advisor
- All vehicle repairs at the highest level
- Assist others in the shop as needed
- Oil changes
- Air & cabin filters
- Tire changes & rotations
- Battery changes
- Light bulb changes
- Drive belt changes
- Maintenance resets
- Fluid flushes
- Brake work
- Engine & tune-up work
- Engine & transmission replacement
- Drive line work
- Suspension work & alignments
- Door & window repair
- Basic & advanced electrical repair
- Advanced troubleshooting; i.e. customer complaints
- Advanced check engine, ABS, traction control, body control, repair any & all system circuits
- Minor fabrication & welding
- Maintain clean environment
- Implement safe work habits with regard to self, co-workers, customers, facility and vehicles.
- Be thorough and complete correctly all work processes assigned, including any documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an automotive technician; experience with hybrid cars is a plus.
- Must bring own tools
- Ability to self-correct for minor changes in job processes
- Ability to work independently and consult with peers/owner when needed
- Ability to make logical decisions affecting job outcomes without guidance
- Ability to operate and program/software upgrade scanners
- Pleasant attitude towards employees, customers & vendors
- Willingness to stay up-to-date and receive training on latest technologies
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Willingness to have a DMV and background check conducted as a pre-condition for employment
- Ability to properly operate customer equipment on-highway
- AS degree in Automotive Technology is preferred; ASE certification is desirable but not required
Why Work Here?
- Competitive compensation
- Great team-oriented work environment with social company activities and a supporting team
- Plenty of growth potential
- Health insurance benefits
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- 2-week vacation, PTO
- 4-Day, Mon-Thurs work-week
- Free uniforms
$60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate
Req #: 1af6b099-bbda-4409-8829-a8d601287fbc
Location: GUILDERLAND, NY
Location Name: 2430 & 2440 WESTERN AVE, GUILDERLAND NY
Job Category: Retail
Whether you are looking for an incredible full-time career, or a great part-time job, the Customer Service Associate is the backbone of our company. As a Customer Service Associate, you are more than a clerk you are the face of Cumberland Farms to our customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Ensuring that every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
Interacting with customers to provide information and assistance in response to inquiries about products and services.
Maintaining a clean, customer friendly store environment.
Performing regular cleaning activities including, but not limited to, cleaning floors, glass doors, counter surfaces, and restrooms, emptying all interior and exterior trash cans, rotating and straightening merchandise and cleaning beverage and food service equipment.
Replenishing products and supplies to ensure product availability.
Accurately and efficiently completing sales transactions and maintaining proper accountability at the cash register.
Maintaining an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, and advertisements.
Flexible availability, including evenings and weekends.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and order tasks in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently (comfortable with being alone in the store as it is likely you will be working by yourself for parts of your shift).
Flexibility and cooperation with the Store Manager's needs that may change on a daily basis to maintain the proper functioning of the store.
Retail or food service experience preferred
Physical Requirements Include:
Comfort with standing for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Keys to Success:
A Successful Customer Service Associate is friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and willing to learn and develop a career with Cumberland Farms.
Cumberland Farms offers the opportunity for advancement for Customer Service Associates to become a Customer Service Leader or a Manager In Training.
Customer Service Leader - assists the manager with day-to-day operations as well as train new associates.
Manager In Training - enter into our hands-on managerial training program to become a Store Manager.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!