Biomedical Asset Manager - Waconia
Main Campus (Hospital)
500 S. Maple Street
Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the strategic, technical, operational, analytical and financial management of Biomedical equipment assets across Ridgeview's real estate portfolio. This includes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of each assigned asset. Provides for the efficient and effective use of internal staff and external vendors to optimize the lifecycle performance of assets while meeting all safety and compliance requirements and providing a brand-right experience for patients, employees and the community.
1. Provides leadership and oversight of an asset management team made up of direct reports and internal stakeholders. Supports the department Director through development of programs, goals and objectives consistent with those of the organization's overall strategic plan.
2. Manages staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring and retaining qualified individuals. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies and ensures opportunities for professional development. Creates a cohesive team committed to providing distributive, clinical and service quality to all customers.
3. Responsible for developing and managing near and long term expense and capital plans that optimize the lifecycle performance of each asset.
4. Ensures proper documentation and compliance with applicable regulatory agencies, codes, standards and policies for assigned asset categories.
5. May participate on organizational and medical staff committees and serve as a professional resource for physicians, clinicians and leadership. May also collaborate with physicians and clinicians regarding Biomed programs and services. May represent Ridgeview Medical Center in community outreach including participation on committees and in doing presentations.
6. Responsible for developing and implementing strategies that optimally balance the use of internal and external resources to support each asset-to include design, construction and operations/maintenance standards.
7. Provides for the coordination of emergency management operations to ensure asset reliability during times of critical need.
8. Develops, implements and continuously improves processes and standards that support the management of assigned asset categories - to include design, construction and operations/maintenance standards.
9. Collects and utilizes data to shape and define programs and initiatives that improve asset performance and reduce costs.
10. Partners with other departments to scope and manage minor construction, renovation, relocation and/or technology projects as required.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Work Experience
* Associates degree in Biomedical Technology or Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or engineering
* 5+ years of previous work experience in Biomedical support in a healthcare setting
* Knowledge of biomedical products and equipment
* Knowledge of asset management software systems
* Skills in process improvement, negotiations and budgeting
* Intermediate level of expertise with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills
* Ability to work successfully both independently and as a team
* Ability to communicate in the English language for effective written and verbal correspondence in order to complete job functions as mentioned above.
* Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) certification (preferred, not required)
* Advanced degree in business, healthcare or engineering
Join an organization that seeks to enhance the lifelong health of the people it serves with a culture that nurtures the whole person- mind, body and spirit. Ridgeview Medical Center will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, union membership, creed, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status with regards to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission, or any other category that may be protected by law.
POST JOBS FOR FREE