West Chicago Job Description Sample
Intern Chemical/Mechanical Engineer
Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
Are you a Chemical or Mechanical engineering student in your Junior or Senior year looking for an internship?
This position will report to Subject Matter Expert (SME) Dr. Jim Pfau, Research Fellow
Improve prototype test equipment to reduce error and automate data collection.
Collect data to validate equipment improvements.
Document work and present findings to group of Innovation Center scientists and engineers.
Application of engineering education to development of test equipment for measuring dynamic response of wood fiber- based products to high humidity.
- Sophomore to Senior level university training in chemical, material or mechanical engineering.
- University chemical or engineering laboratory training.
Microsoft Power Point and Excel
Development of prototype equipment
IT Programmer - .Net Web
· Highly creative and innovative individual who is passionate about technology, and self-motivated about on-going learning.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Participate in global roll outs, software fixes and upgrades, new modules and operational process improvements, and on-going support.
- Proactively research and provide technical assessments including programming alternatives and detailed technical specifications, identifying the impact on business processes and system resources.
- Continuously maintain an understanding of other related technologies in order to consider alternatives.
- Coordinate and participate in testing in adherence to QA and control standards.
- Follow changes through to successful implementation including end user training and adoption.
- Diagnose and resolve application related issues, identify Root Causes and implement proactive monitoring and prevention.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in IT systems development and support in a manufacturing, sales, distribution or horticultural company
- Understanding of development methodologies such as Agile, ITIL or equivalent
- Experience with 2 or more of the following programming and reporting tools \(SQL, LSMW, Data Dictionary, CATT, SAPScript, ALV, EDI/XML, ABAP Query, security & authorization profiles)
- Understanding of IIS, SQL Server, Visual Studio and MS Windows environment
- Experience with Object Orientated development
- Experience providing and consuming web services
- Experience with TFS for source control
- Understanding of networking as it relates to the processing of web requests, including security requirements, performance, and user interfaces
- Must have development experience with two or more of the following:
- EDI XML
- MS MVC Web API creating RESTful web services
- Mobile application development using Java, Swift, Xamarin, or Single Page Application
- JQuery and AJAX connecting to REST
- SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
- SQL Server Analytics Services SSAS
- MS SharePoint 2013
- MS Power BI
- Esker Document Management
- Bar Coding, PDA, wireless technologies and IoT devices
- Microsoft certifications
- Experience with SAP ECC 6.0 or SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) or related SAP modules
- Experience with third-party web controls, i.e. Telerik
- Experience with third-party debugging and monitoring tools such as Fiddler, Soap UI, and HTTP Watch
PLEASE Note: We cannot accept 3rd party candidates or H1B Visas at this time. Only candidates who are authorized to work in the US for any employer should apply.
Full-Time Route Driver -West Chicago, IL
Route Sales Representative
West Chicago, IL
LaJoy Group, Inc. has a current opening for a Route Sales Representative out of our West Chicago, IL sales branch. This position will require you to drive a company vehicle to and from store locations in the surrounding areas to service Aunt Millie's baked goods .
As a RSR you will have direct interaction with retail customers such as store managers, receiving personnel and other associates. A successful RSR will increase sales, complete their route in a timely manner, and build strong relationships with the retail customers.
Responsibilities of a Route Sales Representative:
- Deliver and distribution of merchandise on a designated route
- Proper merchandising and distribution techniques that ensure the sale of fresh products.
- Maintain sales relationships and uphold excellent customer service
- Safely operate a company vehicle
- Keeping organized invoices and work documents, pre-plan orders, etc.
- Communicate all issues, in-store and out of store to the proper people including, managers and independent operators
Requirements of a Route Sales Representative:
- Have desire to provide excellent customer service
- Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Be able to drive a standard transmission vehicle
- Able to pass a Department of Transportation physical, 50lb. lift test and hair follicle drug screen.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- This job requires (or may require) a background check. Pending arrests or convictions are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bondability is at issue.
Pay Rate of a Route Sales Representative
- Weekly paycheck every Friday!
- $1,000 per week!
Schedule of a Route Sales Representative:
- This is a full time permanent position
- Candidates must have the following availability, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Drivers start between the hours of 2:00am-5:00am.
- Working anywhere from an 8-12 hour day depending on the demands of the route
Lajoy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Truck Driver
J.B. Hunt is home to America's best truck driving jobs. If you're ready to drive with a company that is comprised of great truck driving careers and appreciates your hard work, then call J.B. Hunt at 1-877-791-9458.
This local dedicated position offers the following to class A drivers:
Average annual earnings projected at $60,000
Consistent schedule, pay and time off
Dedicated deliveries to a single customer
Drivers are home daily; additional two days off each week
Benefit options and a company-matched 401k plan
6 months of experience needed. Drivers on this account will be making local multi-stop deliveries, picking up freight at Romeoville facility and delivering to customer stores in and around the Chicagoland area. J.B. Hunt has a comprehensive benefit package that provides options for an individual or a family, including: medical, dental, prescription, life insurance plans, 401k plan with company-matched funds and more.
Our competitive pay, great benefits and home time were created for the best truck drivers in the industry. Take the first step to advancing your driving career with J.B. Hunt and receive guidance from one of our career placement specialists by calling 1-877-791-9458 or pre-qualifying online.
Date Posted: 2018-11-14
KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
If you're passionate about positively impacting the lives of others and making waves in the world of early childhood education, the Assistant Director role might be for you! Assistant Directors play an integral role in leading our centers to success. With KinderCare Education's world-class curriculum, center accreditation process, and talented teaching staff, together our Assistant Directors and Center Directors are changing the world one milestone at a time. As an Assistant Director, you will educate parents, teachers, and leaders on the value of early childhood education and make that value come to life for the children in your center.
When you join our team as an Assistant Center Director you will:
Assist the Center Director in leading teaching staff, supporting families, and achieving enrollment, accreditation, and operational objectives
Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners
Serve in various roles throughout the center as needed including teacher, cook and/or driver
Skills, Education, and Experience
At least two years of early childhood education experience required, with an understanding of developmentally appropriate practices and the ability to ensure its use in the classroom
A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
Excellent administrative, organizational, verbal, listening, and communication skills required
CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
Ability to speak, read, and write English.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
In addition to a rewarding career that lets you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include:
Medical, dental and vision
Discounted child care
Paid time off
Education assistance and reimbursement
Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Automotive Counter Sales Rep. (Ft)
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time.
This is the ideal role for a person who truly cares about providing outstanding customer care and interactions with everyone who they come in contact with! As an Automotive Counter Parts Sales person, you are looked at as the "face of the retail store" and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions.
Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the years
You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don't have the background in automotive parts.
Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless!
A Day in the life:
Provide auto parts answers and solutions for our retail and wholesale customers
Bring customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
Welcome retail customers into our retail stores and engage to provide a positive consumer experience
Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
Use your parts knowledge to assist other NAPA team members answer questions for customers
What you'll need:
Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts.
High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Love fast paced retail environments
And if you have this, even better:
Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
NAPA Know How
Past experience working for an Independently owned parts store
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
Outstanding health benefits and 401K
Stable company. Fortune 200 with a "family" feel
Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
R&D Solvent Ink Chemist
Welcome to INX International, your home for performance-proven ink and coating products to match your print application and process. A global supplier as part of Sakata INX, a $1.3 billion company, INX International has more than 15 plants in the U.S. and Canada, and over 50 locations worldwide, on four continents. Among North America's top three ink providers, only INX focuses solely on formulations for printing, from basic chemistries through finished product. We also provide advanced, environmentally-conscious ink systems and services for digital printing operations.
INX is a stable manufacturing company whose average employee has been here over 13.5 years. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and more.
We have an opening for a R&D Solvent Ink Chemist at our West Chicago facility, which is going through a major renovation and doubling in size. The expansion is due to growth and because we recently moved our Digital lab from California to West Chicago. Our Chemists will enjoy a new office space and new lab equipment!
Why you will love working at INX:
Our R&D has a strong knowledge base
33% of our Chemists have 15+ years of experience.
INX has cutting-edge innovation and technology.
Autonomous work environment
Develops solvent-based inks and coatings for flexible packaging markets
Conducts various lab tests pertinent to the packaging markets, including preparing inks, performing raw material evaluations, and developing test procedures
Provides technical information to customers to help in the design, qualification, and troubleshooting of product development
Stays up-to-date with new market trends and new technological changes in the graphic arts and packaging industries
B.S. Chemistry or equivalent
Five years of experience formulating solvent based inks and coatings
Knowledge in pigment dispersions, resins and other materials used in ink, as well as flexo and gravure printing processes
Excellent math and science skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Additional Qualifications Requested or Helpful:
Strong ability to interpret color
We require a post offer pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check. Equal Opportunity Employer - disability/veteran
Are you a driven sales individual?
The Account Representative position within Sonoco Rigid Paper & Closures is a unique role that will enable you to sell value-based rigid paper packaging solutions. Our diverse breadth of capabilities and material science knowledge will afford you significant options to meet the dynamic needs of the leading consumer products companies.
You do not need experience in this marketplace! Our Rigid Paper & Closures business has a strong reputation for high quality products and strong, dedicated customer service.
Our customers are spread throughout North America and we will need you to meet with them, face-to-face, regularly. Therefore, this position will require frequent overnight business travel. Join a global community that seeds innovation and nurtures advancement and has been named a Top Company for Leaders by Aon Hewitt.
Sonoco has maintained a people first focus for more than 115 years while providing pioneering packaging solutions and making your favorite products every day. In our workplace, that means values of honesty, respect and support are engrained in every team. Talented, inspiring people like you have helped us grow into an award winning, dynamic company with more than 340 facilities around the world.
Here's what you need to know:
You will report directly to a Division Sales Manager for the Rigid Paper & Closures. You will work directly with our sales, production, sales support and technical groups to further innovate and present core and new products to the market, while using your business development skills to acquire new customers.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree. We strive to build our business around our people, so we would like you to be here for the long haul.
Global success has not changed our tight knit feel – we have simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. Take the next step and stake your future with a world leading company that helps you excel and rewards your best efforts.
We encourage and enable upward movement within the company and we have built an industry leading business on the philosophy that every person and every idea counts. Apply today and help us grow stronger.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
Nurse Practitioner - Health Risk Assessments - Per Diem
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner- Health Risk Assessments
- Conduct comprehensive in-home health risk assessment to identify all active and chronic disease conditions as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit.
- Obtain vital signs, measure BMI, review pharmacological therapy and conduct a physical examination.
- Educate and counsel patient and family on any conditions identified during assessment and screening procedures.
- Make recommendations and communicate findings to Primary Care Physicians through documentation of outcomes on provided tablet.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Board Certification with current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license.
- Experience dealing with a complex set of patients with a relatively high level of acuity.
Specialty Business Manager - Midwest
Execute initiatives to protect and grow our most valuable accounts in the US, and to gain new business from the most attractive targets.
Success will be measured by:
The sales performance of the top accounts within their geographic area of coverage, as identified as defend / grow / acquire targets
The number of partnership program members vs goal
The increase in SOW (share of wallet) among members
The compliance of program members to their individual commitments
Revenue growth within top Lyric accounts
Growth among targeted accounts within the region
The responsibilities include:
Work closely with partnership program members as a strategic partner in critical areas of business
Execute key initiatives
Identify partnership program target accounts
Create and monitor sales funnel for target accounts
Complete RKAM certifications and curriculum as assigned
Engage with key Lyric providers to drive revenue growth and daily wear adoption
Minimum Bachelor's degree
7-10 years related experience around value added services, business consulting or related field
Experience in the hearing healthcare industry a "plus" but not required
Experience in business consulting highly desired.
General Skills and Attributes:
Possess excellent leadership, management and communication skills
Passionate about cross functional teamwork and the achievement of shared goals
Excellent internal networking capabilities
Good understanding of the hearing health care industry
Demonstrated track record in driving and growing business through successful development and implementation of innovative strategies around VAS, including loans and financing solutions
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!