Project Manager, Transmission/Construction
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Owner of small to medium based electrical utility infrastructure projects. Management of costs schedule and project goals from initiation to completions.
Project managers are expected to posses public speaking skills and report out at public an internal report outs. PMs are also expected to work with internal supervisors and external contractors
to develop work sequencing and resource balancing.
Work will be in existing stations, along existing transmission and distribution right-a-ways and city streets. This position also includes a storm assignment.
Individual will manage transmission projects to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Works closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit and construct assigned projects. Primary duties include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
* Individual is assigned projects of medium complexity, or assigned to assist in supporting specific project management responsibilities of a larger project.
* Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, with low to medium financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting.
* Individual understands and applies project management methodology utilizing various project tools, controls, and techniques.
* Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Siting, Environmental, Regulatory Relations, Procurement, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
* Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
* Manage project contractors and/or vendors to ensure work is completed in compliance with the job specifications. Review/approve contractor and vendor timesheets and/or invoices and ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
* Manages the team's development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, and communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
* Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
* Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment. Coordinates an environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
* Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
* Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
* Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
* Ensures the timely preparation to ISO-NE, and other regulatory project submittals.
* Manages the development of required energization plans and operating instructions.
* Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan submittals.
* Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals.
* Provides clear, concise and comprehensive project status reports to management.
* Ensures all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
* Attends to problems off-hours and for extended periods.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write effective reports and make presentations. Possess the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set and manage priorities, define roles and responsibilities and make decisions. Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization. The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently. Self-starter with effective communication skills, including active listening, speaking and writing skills.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered. Master's Degree and Project Management class work are desirable
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of related experience required; familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highly desirable.
Licenses & Certifications: Professional Engineer's (PE) License and formal project management (PMP) certification are highly desirable.
Limited travel will be required between home office, project sites, and stakeholder locations. Work is performed in an office environment as well as field environments including high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way. Will also be assigned a storm/incident response role.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Takes a logical approach to analyzing problems, developing solutions and organizing work. Demonstrates self-assurance in one's ideas, judgments and capabilities and taking clear timely action as required. Anticipating and working to meet the needs of internal and external customers; takes independent action and going beyond what the job or situation requires
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers' needs is part of every employee's role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
POST JOBS FOR FREE