Whitsett Job Description Sample
Class A Truck Drivers - Excellent Benefits!
Test drive carriers before you decide.
We're a placement service for truck drivers. Working with us, you can road test different carriers and find one that's best for you. Once you and the carrier agree, you can then transfer to become their direct employee.
Let us place you in a full-time, part-time, or lease-to-hire driving job today.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR INNOVATIVE DRIVER SERVICES
Most locations have NO OTR
Bonuses for safety, performance, and referrals
Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
CDL Class A
23+ years of age
1 year verifiable CDL truck driving experience
Atlanta Drivers > 18 months verifiable CDL truck driving experience
Current DOT Medical Card
No combination of more than 3 moving violations / accidents within the past 3 years
No DUI, DWI if the conviction date was within the past 7 years
Positive customer service attitude
Must agree to a full background check
Let INNOVATIVE DRIVER SERVICES place you in YOUR driving career today! Drive4Innovative.com
INNOVATIVE DRIVER SERVICES HAS BEEN THE PREMIER CDL DRIVER STAFFING COMPANY ACROSS SIX SOUTHEAST MARKETS SINCE 1995
Where can you go to "road-test" a potential employer and feel more confident your new job and work environment will be all you expected? INNOVATIVE DRIVER SERVICES! Our commitment to safety and building solid working relationships with both drivers and customers has allowed us to earn an unmatched reputation in the industry. Immediate employment opportunities are available for lease-to-hire, full time or part time opportunities.
No Touch Freight Regional Company Drivers
What's In It For You?
Regional Drivers Average $64,000 - $66,000 Annually
Regional Routes -- Home Weekly
Dedicated Lanes Available (Select Locations)
$1,000 Referral Bonus (Select Locations)
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
$3,000 Referral Bonus
New Seniority Pay Program -- Call For Details!
Year Round Work
Drop & Hook In Most Locations
No Touch Freight In Most Locations
New Seniority Pay Program
Cowan now honors seniority from past employers.
Apply experience from your past employer after 6 months' accident-free work.
Transfer your pay grade, as well as vacation and benefits qualifications.
Receive your sign-on bonus more quickly, depending on your experience level.
Available for all OTR drivers, regional drivers, and local drivers in Aberdeen and Wakefield.
Must Have A Valid CDL A
Must Have 1-Year Verifiable Experience
Safety Is A Condition Of Employment
Hiring Regional Drivers Near:
- Beckley, WV
- Charleston, WV
- Kingsport, TN
- Lynchburg, VA
- Madison Heights, VA
- Riverville, VA
- Wilson, NC
- Winston-Salem, NC
All Drivers Receive:
Paid Orientation & Your Own Hotel Room
Direct Deposit Payroll
Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
401(k) Company Participation
Free $20K Life Insurance
A Family Atmosphere
Customer Service Position Available
GET TO KNOW ALORICA At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We're a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world's biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe. JOB SUMMARY Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to offer customer support through phone, email, online chat or social media to customers who have questions, concerns or confusion around a particular product or service. You're literally the voice of the brand, and a strong relationship between our clients and their customers starts with you. So only the awesome need apply. KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES * Talks to customers over the phone, email, online chat or social media to resolve their questions or concerns
Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
Responds to requests for assistance and/or possible processing of credit card authorizations
Tracks call-related information for auditing and reporting purposes
Provides feedback reports on call issues related to downtime and/or training issues
Upsells to customers as necessary WHY JOIN ALORICA? Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees, giving back matters just as much – that's why we're so proud of Making Lives Better with Alorica , a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing assistance to employees, their families and the people, organizations and communities who support them. Simply put, we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time. And to do that, we need the very best people to join us. But please, allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee, you may receive:
Flexible training schedules
Medical and dental benefits
Paid time off
Paid holiday and sick time
Retirement planning options (401(k)) * Employee discounts through client programs Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore all kinds of career options – from customer service, training, and tech support, to management, recruiting and more. Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed – because when you're at your best, that's when we're at our best. So what do you say? Ready to take the next step? JOB REQUIREMENTS Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
Customer service experience a plus
Phone-related customer service a major plus
Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
Bilingual language skills a plus Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
Ability to use phone and computer systems
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong listening/comprehension skills
Ability to stay composed and objective
Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude WORKING CONDITIONS Work Environment * A climate controlled, contact center environment – filled with amazing people, incredible career opportunities and the occasional dance-off
Constant usage of phone and computer systems Physical Demands Constant sedentary work. You'll typically be sitting for most of the time, so be sure get up and stretch once in a while. Your circulatory system will thank you. DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. TAKE THE NEXT STEP Let's make lives better. Let's defy the status quo. And let's go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead. You ready? Let's do this. About Alorica: Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
We are seeking a working Cook/Chef with experience in Mexican Food to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals.
Established over 15 years ago, we are in the process of franchising our concept and are seeking a working Chef/Cook to help us with our expansion plans. Must be able to lead a team of four or five employees. Serve Safe certified preferred.
We are a Full service Mexican Restaurant with high traffic. Bilingual in
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Food and inventory controls
- Scheduling staff
- Developing new recipes
- Previous experience in cooking (3 years minimum) Culinary arts or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
Spanish/English preferred but not a must.
Materials Mgr (Ow)
Reports to: Operations Manager Summary Manages constant supply of raw materials required to support production in a high velocity, just-in-time, make-to-order, Lean manufacturing environment Duties & Responsibilities Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries Manage timely receipt and disposition of materials Plan, order, execute and manage storage of critical raw materials in accordance with supplier selections and guidelines provided by Sourcing Operations using MAP/MRP system Oversee Lean raw material replenishment and storage on the production floor, including initial set up, daily usage estimates, trigger points, and reorder quantities Plan for material life cycle management and elimination of obsolete inventory items.
Work to reduce waste through the value chain Create and issue quality alerts Report on quality defects of raw materials to Sourcing Operations for resolution Maintain accurate inventory levels in line with cost and service goals by using MRP system and taking cycle counts as needed to resolve discrepancies Participate in cycle count process and ensure that materials are stored in the designated locations Maintain an optimum inbound delivery profile. Assist with inbound freight cost management Assist Supply Chain Manager by identifying opportunities to improve KRA's (key results areas) while growing the business through service excellence Experience/ Education/ Work Environment 8-10 years related experience in a Lean manufacturing environment BA/BS Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience Strong computer (proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite), analytical and organizational skills Experience with OSHA APICS/CPM certification preferred Up to 25% travel This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned. An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
- Drug-Free Working Environment
Border Patrol Agent
U.S. Border Patrol secures our borders from illegal activity between U.S. ports of entry.
CDL A Flatbed Drivers - Students Welcome
- Starting pay Regional Flatbed $.44-$.48 per mile (6 + months experience)
- Starting pay OTR Flatbed $.46-$.50 per mile (6 + months experience)
- Student starting pay Regional $.38 per mile / OTR $.40 per mile
Pay for Performance Bonus Introductory/New Hire Rate ($.02-$.04/mile)
Pay increases up to 5 years
$1,000 Orientation Pay for experienced drivers
$1,000 Flatbed Training (6 + months experience)
Student Orientation Pay $550
Student Flatbed Securement & Training Pay $550/week
$15/hr Detention pay
Pay for Performance Bonus Program (up to $.06/mile bonus)
Travel, Lodging & Breakfast/Lunch Provided
Newest & safest equipment on the road
Paid weigh station bypass & tolls
Passenger Authorization program
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health/Dental Insurance & Rx card
Paid Life Insurance Policy
DRIVER REFERRAL BONUS - $1,000 - $2,000
Temp Control, Glass, & Student Positions Available. Call for Details.
Valid Class A CDL
21 Years of Age
Experienced Drivers-- 6 Months Verifiable OTR Experience
You've probably seen our maroon trucks rolling down the highways with perfectly tarped loads. Are you ready to roll the Maverick way, too?
Human Resources Generalist
Key Job Functions
Administers policy and performs human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, recruiting, and employee services for the North Carolina facility.
Description of Candidate
- Demonstrates integrity in professional and personal life
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in the face of challenges
- Possesses strong problem solving skills; able to collect, analyze, and interpret data, synthesize and analyze alternatives and recommend the best final solution
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects while maintaining a high attention to detail and adhering to established deadlines
- Adapts readily to the changing needs of a small company
- A self-starter, dedicated to continuously increasing their human resources knowledge level
- Able to work well unattended and as a leader of teams and projects
- At ease speaking to groups of both production personnel and management
Qualifications of Candidate
- The candidate should have a 4 year degree from an accredited university and PHR/SPHR certification
- 3-5 years related experience or training
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing company
- Safety background a plus
- Evaluates human relations and work-related problems and meets with supervisors to determine effective remediation techniques, such as job skill training or personal intervention, to resolve human relations issues among personnel
- Consults resources to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law, working with the Global HR Manager to determine path forward
- Ensures compliance to corporate policies and the employee handbook
- Oversees the maintenance and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies or other departments in the organization
- Contributes to and helps maintain a human resources system that meets top management needs
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Conducts various types of training, either HR or safety related, throughout the organization.
- Assists with developing specifications for new benefit plans or modification to existing plans and evaluates and compares company benefits with those of other local employers
- Completes wage and salary reports for the North Carolina area and contributes to compensation planning for the organization through research and market analysis
- Assists with the development of and conducts training in human relations skills both to supervisory and non-supervisory personnel
- Audits and assists in the education of department managers on company policy in the areas of equal employment, compensation, and benefits
- Organizes and assists with developing training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, visual aids, and other educational materials
- Works closely with managers and supervisors to identify workforce needs, planning and trends. Assists with identifying job specifications, qualifications, job duties, and skills
- Coordinates internal job postings and develops recruitment programs and collateral to attract applicants and fill specific job openings utilizing a variety of resources, including social media
- Works with external recruiters and employment agencies as needed to identify and recruit candidates
- Conducts pre-employment candidate screenings as needed
- Maintains current and develops new wellness initiative programs
- Develops programs and activities to uplift and sustain employee morale; coordinates employee holiday charitable giving program
- Serves as chairman of the Safety Committee, schedules monthly Safety Team Meetings, records minutes, follow through on action items, Safety Walk coordination to ensure compliance to OSHA safety Standards; schedules and serves as point of contact for annual voluntary OSHA Safety Compliance Audit
- Serves as an HR approver for annual performance reviews
- Manages various office functions such as coffee/office supplies, visitors, lockers, breakroom, etc.
- Serves as backup to Compensation and Benefits Specialist and conducts payroll when needed
- Serves as ISO 9001 Internal Auditor and authorized trainer for HR1001
- Other duties as assigned by the Global HR Manager
- The Employee is expected to dedicate the time necessary to accomplish the given job requirements.
- On average, employment will require 40-50 hours per week, with occasional time spent on 2nd and 3rd shift
- Adherence to Berkshire’s Code of Conduct and Professional Ethics Standards
- It is expected that the employee will dedicate personal time to further his or her education as it relates to work at Berkshire. This should include time spent reading relevant trade publications, journals, and text books
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to successfully collaborate with diverse individuals at various levels both within the company and outside suppliers
- Payroll processing experience using an outside vendor – Preferably previous experience with Ceridian
- Strong computer skills Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Physical Requirements include:
- Sit, stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours per day
Extensive use of computer and ability to view computer screen
Excellent benefit package
Leading international provider of cleanroom disposable products for critical environments
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Truck Driver Recent Graduates! Cash In On Our Biggest Pay Increase Ever!
Start Here, Stay Here
Call for details! 866-412-5677
A career, not just a job.
Congratulations - you've made the first step! With our tuition reimbursement program, we will help cover the cost of your CDL. In addition, at CRST you'll learn first-hand from industry veterans who know what it takes to make it in this business. With a Class A CDL, you can quickly work your way up from a new driver to a trainer!
Drivers are the foundation of CRST. In our Gold Rules culture, we recognize that our drivers are the most important part of our business. Your success is vital to our company's success! We are committed to respecting our drivers, responding to issues, and resolving problems to the best of our ability.
Veterans paid for time served.
CRST Expedited's Military Apprenticeship Program pays you for your service while you train. If you use your GI Bill™ you can earn additional tax free income. Active Military Reservists and Honorably Discharged Veterans also receive a sign on bonus and pay credit for your time served.
If you have at least 2 years of experience driving a commercial vehicle in the military, you may be able to get started even sooner through the Military Skills Test Waiver. You have to pass the CDL-A written exam to get an immediate pay increase.
Call a Military Specialist Recruiter for Details! 866-240-7831
Pay & Benefits:
NEW Pay Increase for ALL Company Drivers!
Affordable top-carrier medical, dental, and life insurance.
Matched 401(k) plan.
Guaranteed home time: one day off for every week out.
99% no-touch, 80% drop-and-hook freight.
The longest average trucking miles in the industry.
Average fleet age of just 1 ¼ years.
Hundreds of new trucks with late-model equipment.
Industry-leading truck driving safety program.
Hazmat Mileage Bonus
Call and learn how fast you can get started. 866-412-5677
Must be 21 years old to apply.
Regional Cdl-A Truck Driver
EXCITING NEWS...NEW PAY INCREASE!!
Now hiring drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Why Choose Averitt:
Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position.
1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
Leading transportation provider since 1971.
Experienced Driver Pay:
To start at this pay you must have 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 3 years.
.44 cpm reached after 4 months
Top-out at .46 cpm reached after 8 months
Pay for experience:
- 3 years T/T experience in the past 5 years starts at .44 cpm; reaching .46 cpm after 4 months.
- 5 years T/T experience in the past 7 years starts at .46 cpm.
Now offering our Minimum Mileage Pay=400 mile minimum for short haul loads picked up and delivered by driver.
Additional unloading /loading pay when required ($50 full load; $25 partial load)
$20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
4 day paid orientation ($756- $828) in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
Weekly direct payroll deposits.
Must have a minimum of 4- 11 months verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
You will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .42 cpm.
Equipment & Safety:
Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
About Our Regional Driving Position:
Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
Home EVERY Week (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
Over 90% NO-TOUCH freight
Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $75.70 per week for family
- $30.55per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
Wellness programs available
Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
Flexible spending accounts
Wells Fargo banking products
Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
Company provided professional uniforms
Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) OR minimum of 4- 11 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
Must have a Class A CDL.
Must apply for hazmat/tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire (will reimburse upon receipt & if dated after your application date).
No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
Complete fuel tickets
Hook/ unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
Perform pre-trip inspections
Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
Load/ unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
Regular predictable attendance
Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon - Fri 7am until 7pm & Sat 8am until noon CST.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!