Winthrop Job Description Sample
Senior Java / J2ee Developer
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No Corp to Corp.
Apply direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org
12+ Month Contract with Possible Extension (Client will convert full time, if desired)
You’ll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and play a key role in product development. This would be an amazing opportunity with a small "SWAT Style" team of passionate, results-driven, engineers. In an effort to design and develop code that delivers rich experiences developing in Java technologies.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing Java/J2EE solutions
- Recent experience developing with Java 8.
- Strong emphasis on high transactional web applications
- Experience working with the Agile with Scrum methodology.
- Experience with Web Services Development including Restful API development
- Web services written in Java
- Understanding of microservice architectures and messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ), REST and other concepts in API architecture
- Service-oriented architectures and messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Databases (relational and document)Functional, unit, and integration testing
- Ability (and willingness) to work full stack but have strength in Java-based APIs and service
- ● Knowledge of Spring Boot and web services
- ● Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker
- ● Interest in technologies like Mesos, Aurora, Kubernetes
- ● Interest in adopting new technologies and methodologies such as functional/programming, distributed computing, machine learning, advanced data engineering, serverless computing.
- Interest in cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) and systems like Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
Senior Automation Engineer
12 Month+ Contract
apply directly to email@example.com
This is an exciting position for a candidate that would like to deepen their systems knowledge and gain experience in the Ops side of DevOps. This engineering role is within the Performance team and will have a strong focus on building out automation capabilities for benchmarking/performance profiling of services. Additionally, the candidate would help with identifying and troubleshooting application performance problems in the production environment. The position provides exposure to many of the core systems and functions within the business and will directly contribute to the success of the team.
- Work with engineering team to design and build out ephemeral load testing environments in AWS
- Integrate this testing platform into CI/CD pipelines
- Assist with troubleshooting performance issues in production
- Build out dashboards that provide visibility into application performance metrics
- Work collaboratively within IT and various business units across the firm
- Learn about systems performance tuning across various platforms, e.g. AWS, ESX
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent; three to five years of experience in a software development role; asset management industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of C# or Python.
- Experience with benchmarking workloads and performance tuning.
- Some experience with scripting: bash, powershell, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux and docker a plus.
- Exposure to Agile software methodology and CI/CD tools and practices
- Knowledge of modern software design principles, concepts, and practices
- Understanding of database management environments.
- Working experience with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
As an Implementation Specialist, you will own the process of implementing the Covalent platform for our largest and most strategic customers.
Your job is to facilitate every part of the deployment and drive a successful outcome. You are a project manager at heart, with a keen sense of strategy and executive presence. You will develop an implementation strategy and drive executive buy in. You will partner with technical resources at Covalent to ensure we are meeting and exceeding customer expectations and requirements. And, you will devise change management strategies to ensure a seamless adoption of our application by thousands of users. The position is based in Boston, MA, but requires frequent travel to locations within the continental U.S.
What you’ll do
- Design and execute an implementation and deployment plan for enterprise clients across multiple sites
- Champion Covalent’s implementation methodology and drive it through each engagement.
- Participate in project kick-offs, issue management discussions, project gate reviews and go-live reviews as needed.
- Own and maintain the project plan and overall project schedule
- Ensure that assigned projects are delivered within budget, time, and SOW. Manage the project change process to ensure out of scope activities are identified and approved proactively.
- Work closely with the customer and internal engineering teams to proactively identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Design and lead a training plan for our customers to make sure that our customers are adequately equipped to successfully use the product
- Demonstrate or be able to quickly achieve proficiency in all aspects of the Covalent platform and maintain current knowledge of product releases.
- Seek out and nurture relationships with power-users and influencers within client site
- Soliciting and organizing user feedback regarding end user workflows, which will become actionable items for the Covalent’s Product and Engineering teams
- Ensure a successful handoff to customer support resources post-implementation
- 2+ years experience as a consultant or project manager, preferably working on technology implementations
- Demonstrated experience managing large projects, interfacing with users and/or stakeholders, and collecting feedback
- Capability to manage expectations and the ability to say “no”
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfort presenting to large groups
- Ability to travel as needed up to 75%
- Strong organizational skills and capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including fostering strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Proven history of self-direction, creativity, and ability to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Ownership and accountability over your work
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
- Experience or interest in the industrial sector preferred
- Passion for our mission to help solve the skills gap
Our team is passionate about helping people gain in-demand skills that drive economic independence. To do so, we provide purpose-built software for technical training programs in industrial settings. Our platform facilitates on-the-job learning and evaluations, validating proficiency for skilled workers, such as production operators and technicians. The solution goes the "last mile" to collect individual-level competency data from the floor/field. This data then informs dynamic staffing decisions, performance management, and process improvement. In joining us, you will be a part of that effort. We are early, scrappy and will do what it takes to make our vision a reality. We’re backed by top-tier VC’s who share this mission with us.
- Report directly to company leadership and help drive forward a critical component of the business
- Competitive salary & benefits
- WFH flexible
- Visit some of the most advanced industrial facilities in the world
- Cross-functional growth opportunities
- Dog-friendly HQ in Boston’s Seaport district – 5 minute walk from South Station
Our ideal candidate has a strong fundamental understanding of software development principles, is excited to accept ownership of major features and deliverables, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is enthusiastic about growing with an evolving new business.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a skilled team to create software in an Agile startup environment
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to understand business needs, establish software requirements and implement solutions
- Write quality code following proven design patterns with comprehensive tests and documentation
- Actively support delivered features, owning functionality through its life cycle
- Participate in code reviews, engage in technical skill development and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preferably Computer Science or Engineering)
- 2+ years commercial development experience
- Strong grasp of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with one or more of the following: Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java, PHP
- Foundational knowledge of SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Accountability and an entrepreneurial spirit
Why join us?
Our team is passionate about helping people gain in-demand skills that drive economic independence. To do so, we provide purpose-built software for technical training programs in industrial settings. Our platform facilitates on-the-job learning and evaluations, validating proficiency for skilled workers, such as production operators and technicians. In joining us, you will be a part of that effort. We are early, scrappy and will do what it takes to make our vision a reality. We’re backed by top-tier VC’s who share this mission with us.
- Help drive forward a critical component of the business
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Cross-functional growth opportunities
- Dog-friendly HQ in Boston’s Seaport district – 5 minute walk from South Station
Customer Solutions Specialist
SHIFT accelerates collaboration in the worlds of entertainment and advertising by making it possible to share highly-secured prerelease feature film, television, and commercial video files easily and instantly. Our suite of five products (Wiredrive, MediaSilo, SafeStream, Screeners, and the newly launched SHIFT) are trusted by many of the largest media companies in the world to protect and present their work from conception to completion. These include more than half of last year’s Emmy nominees, and companies as diverse as Netflix, BBC Worldwide, Wieden+Kennedy, Hulu, A24, and 72andSunny.
Our Customer Solutions team offers these companies a first-in-class technical support experience that couples deep knowledge of video post-production workflows with a calm, level-headed and empathetic approach. This team works closely with our Engineering, Product, and Quality Assurance groups to make our application suite the very best that it can be.
What you will be doing at SHIFT:
- Provide exceptional support for our 5 browser-based and desktop applications, iOS applications, APIs, and third-party integrations.
- Create and maintain simple and visually effective client-facing documentation.
- Diagnose and replicate complex issues and escalate to the appropriate personnel.
- Advocate for feature requests and customer needs to the business at large.
- Participate in on-call rotations to provide after-hours support for premium customers.
- Work closely across teams to maintain the integrity of our products and brand.
What you bring to SHIFT:
- BA/BS required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to quickly comprehend and communicate complex concepts.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to act autonomously in a highly demanding environment.
- Passion for and an active interest in the business of media, entertainment and advertising.
- Experience with video and image post-production software is a plus.
- 1-2 Years’ Experience in a customer service role preferred.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
Senior Data Engineer
12+ Month Contract with Possible Extension (Client will convert full time, if desired)
Apply direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data team is responsible for leading efforts to ingest, structure, and model our data to support critical decision making. Our enterprise data warehouse is based on AWS Redshift, supporting Looker analytical dashboards, and is backed by an AWS data lake. In addition to analytics, the data warehouse also supports an active and growing data science practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and supporting data platforms that help end users make sound business decisions. This includes data pipeline creation, data quality management, system reliability, job orchestration and recovery aka “Data Ops”. In additional to technical competency, they should be truly motived to empower end users.
- Implement data pipelines using agile, iterative processes to deliver value quickly
- Treat data quality, reliability, and documentation as fundamental acceptance criteria for data pipelines
- Collaborate with the team to make the best technology choices
- Deliver solutions that ensure data accuracy, high availability, robust security, and that are built for rapid scaling
- Create and maintain data models, data catalogues, and data security.
- 3-5 years experience with data engineering or data warehousing, or an equivalent data-oriented software engineering background
- 2-3 years experience with ETL technologies (e.g. Talend, Informatica, Matillion)
- 2-3 years experience with key AWS technologies (Redshift, S3, IAM; also Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Spark, Hive)
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL
- Experience in optimizing queries and tuning database performance
- Familiarity with data analysis and data science tools (Looker, Python, Jupyter, R) is a plus
- Python or Java experience is a plus
New Business Development, Manager (Evaluatepharma Usa, Inc.)
This is an inside sales position responsible for all new client acquisition sales in a designated geographical territory
- Identify new opportunities and sell Evaluate’s products & services to prospective clients
- Collaborate with New Business Sales and Client Success team members to manage the assigned territory, follow the strategic territory business plan to identify, sell to and close prospective clients and achieve the assigned quarterly and annual sales targets
- Engage with stakeholders at a senior level at the prospective client to acquire new business and win new accounts
- Present and demonstrate Evaluate’s products in an effective manner to prospective clients
- Prepare timely price quotations for prospective clients.
- Generate qualified leads via telemarketing, email, social media, and other tools and effective management and qualification of Marketing generated leads
- Meet target Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for activity levels, prospecting, and pipeline development and management.
- Accurate and consistent forecasting
- Proactive and timely management of the prospective client’s experience during the sales process to move the sales opportunity through the sales funnel
- Provide regular communication and updates on all relevant sales opportunities for Evaluate management.
- Make entry of all account, contacts and prospecting activities into the Evaluate CRM system.
- Attend conferences, join associations and network with peers and associates to generate valuable connections.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives and targets
- Works with Client Success team to facilitate a strong implementation process.
- Able to align and sell the Evaluate propositions to prospective client’s persona, role, business problems and challenges.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Educated to degree level or demonstrable applicable business experience
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Proven success fostering value-based relationships and a skill set enabling successful relationships with numerous levels within the business hierarchy.
- Ability to navigate a complex sales process.
- Demonstrated written, listening, and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated presentation skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application
- Experienced at selling to Pharmaceutical, Consulting, or Life Science industries
- Good understanding of how analysis and information supports Pharma and Biotech business processes and decisions
Working Conditions: The New Business Development, Manager will be based out of a beautiful new office in downtown Boston, MA. Travel to potential clients and conferences is required periodically during the year.
In addition to embodying Evaluate’s values as per below candidates should display:
- Self-motivating with a strong work ethics and integrity
- Results driven with ability to execute and proven track record of positive outcomes
- The ability to explain complex financial concepts in simplified terms
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and ability to build and maintain respected and trusted relationship with all clients and global team members
- Strong collaborator who listens well to team members and clients and is an inclusive team builder
- Strong Team Player with a positive can do attitude
- Ability to consider global issues and their local impact and provide guidance to team members accordingly
Focus on the client
Our clients’ success is our success.
We do our utmost to understand our clients and ensure they are successful in their roles.
We strive to improve and innovate, challenging industry norms and ourselves.
Be one team
Communicate, collaborate, challenge.
We believe that two heads are always better than one; in being generous with our time, and collaborating to get the job done
We empower each other to deliver, celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes.
We take responsibility and do the right thing. Through guidance and support we hold each other accountable.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dependent & Health Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Generous employer 401k contribution
- Workers Compensation and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off includes holidays, vacation, and sick time
Senior Report Writer
Do you excel at investigating information, ideas and solutions and presenting them in a compelling way? Are you skilled at crafting captivating, fact-based stories and short reports that are accessible to broad audiences — under daily deadline pressure? We are looking for a talented, multifaceted, energetic team player who enjoys researching, analyzing information, problem solving and solidly communicating his/her ideas both orally and in writing. The candidate must be a critical thinker, creative to the core and possess strong presentation and time management skills.
He or she would excel at:
- Analyzing analyst-developed research findings and using them to tell an interesting story through short- and long-form reports.
- Helping to develop feature stories and monthly reports on new, exciting trends occurring in the payments and commerce industries.
- Contributing to the overall understanding of current industry trends, and monitoring the market for new and evolving issues.
- Managing deliverables according to a timely, consistent schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree required; BA/MA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent a plus
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in related role
- Payments or financial services experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent at structuring issues, ideas and concepts and presenting findings (orally and in writing)
- Ability to quickly grasp key analytical findings, then use them to write stories and develop thought leadership pieces
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and deadlines simultaneously
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Digitally savvy
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Attention to detail
- WordPress, Word, Pages and PowerPoint
- InDesign and Excel experience a plus
PYMNTS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that handsomely rewards results. This package includes a competitive base pay/bonus potential, paid health/dental plan, 401(k) matching and a generous vacation package.
PYMNTS is conveniently located in the Financial District of downtown Boston.
Site Reliability Engineer
We are hiring a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer who will work with the software engineers to build reliable, high capacity and high-performance infrastructure in support of our mission to reimagine learning for millions of students worldwide.
If you know AWS services inside out, have solid networking experience, and you like engineering solutions to solve site reliability and operations problems, you will thrive in this position. The position will be located at our Boston, MA facility.
● Hands-on design, analysis and troubleshooting of highly-distributed large-scale
● Ownership of reliability, uptime, capacity, and performance analysis thereof
● Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
● Identifying highest-impact opportunities to optimize existing systems
● System design consulting for teams seeking to leverage or improve their production
● Anticipate, build and plan capacity for upcoming product/feature launches
● Mastery of AWS services (IAM, EC2, S3, EBS/EFS, ELB/ALB, AutoScaling, RDS and replication techniques, VPC, Subnets, Elastic IP, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Lambda, CloudFormation, ECS, SNS, ElastiCache);
● Expertise in container/container-fleet-orchestration technologies (like Docker,
Kubernetes, AWS ECS);
● Expertise in designing and manage escalation response plans from monitoring, react, respond, remediate and retrospect in culturally aligned (proactive, customer focused, collaborative, data-driven and AUTOMATED) ways;
● Mastery of infrastructure build and configuration automation technologies (like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, CodeDeploy, Chef);
● Strong network engineering skills;
● Cloud and container native Linux administration/build/management skills (AWS AMIs,
● Significant experience troubleshooting concurrent and distributed system interactions;
● Expertise with continuous-deployment software development lifecycles in the Cloud (e.g.
● Cloud database operations and deployment experience (RDS MySQL/Postgres/Aurora),
caching operations & deployments (Memcache, Redis);
● Expertise with Lean/Agile deployment processes (ZDT: Blue/Green, Canary, DNS
● Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems (CloudWatch, Datadog, New
Relic, Sumologic, Thousand Eyes);
● Strong problem solving, root cause analysis and systems engineering skills;
● Good presentation and communication skills;
● Expertise with SDLC branching, SCM, and code deployment systems (Git/Gitflow,
Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.);
● BS Degree in Computer Science (or related technical field and/or equivalent industry
Please apply directly to email@example.com!!!
The Business Analyst IV leads the implementation of strategic RD projects, working closely with RD leadership to identify key initiatives and provide oversite of these initiatives. Will frequently convey project plans, progress and strategies to departmental managers and other stakeholders across RD.
Manages projects by effectively building support through discussion and compromise. Develops long-term project plans with strategic milestones. Negotiates timelines with both stakeholders and programming services/reporting analytics managers and others (vendors or consultants) responsible for delivering outcomes. Also drives vendors to deliver within established milestones and budgets.
In addition, the Business Analyst IV performs on-going analysis to determine requirements for the design, development and implementation of information systems for Resource Development. Plays a key role in conducting business and data analysis for these systems and in implementing new business policies and procedures based upon system use. Performs application testing, develops end-user training curriculum and documentation as well as providing high level support.
• Working with other RD managers, identifies critical projects, leads and develops project plan and manages lifecycle of projects from initial identification of tools and requirements, to managing implementation, to testing, to user adoption. Includes working across RD with senior stakeholders to establish priorities, milestones and key deliverables.
• Performs analysis for data and business requirements for the implementation of new systems, and upgrades, enhancements and maintenance of existing systems. This includes analysis of data structures, working with end-users to
determine specifications for reports and system modules, and analysis of
business processes. Develops and documents data and business models, issues
and business requirements and report and system specifications.
• Mentors other analysts on team as well as developers on the RD team.
Frequently reviews work of others and provides feedback on specific tasks
and overall deliverables.
• Designs test plans and performs acceptance testing for his/her projects as
well as overall system upgrades. Documents all test findings and works
closely with application developers and project leads in the resolution of
these issues, reporting issue to the vendor and re-testing revisions.
• Determines end-user requirements for training and develops training
curriculum. Develops format and content for training sessions and prepares
all training materials, both print and electronic. Develops coordinating
documentation, such as user manuals, job aids and screen guides. May
conduct training classes.
• Performs systems analysis of business issues and works together with the
Directors in IT to make recommendations to improve business processes, use
of the system and data integrity. This includes data usage and access
policies, system use and business policies, workflow procedures, and design
of data tables. Also works to uncover and resolve any data inconsistencies or
• Provides high end-user support in the use of the advancement services
systems and other applications.
• Develops plans and procedures with programming and service desk team to
ensure their preparedness to triage issues for new system functionality.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Requires 7 years of Business Analysis experience with
evidence of successful project management in the implementation of business
applications, business processes, enterprise systems, databases and/or CRMs. Strong
project management and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple projects
and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines. Experience gathering
business or functional requirements collection and analysis required. Ability to present information in a
clear and cohesive manner to a variety of users. Must be a self-motivated team player
with a willingness to collaborate with a variety of staff. High degree of
professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and commitment to quality. Excellent
written and oral communications skills.
Experience in the use and integration of a wide variety of business systems including
enterprise database, reporting, web, mobile and desktop applications preferred.
Experience in advancement services in higher education or other non-profit
organization is strongly preferred. Experience with Ellucian's Advance very
desirable. Experience in developing technical documentation very desirable.
Knowledge of advanced database concepts, preferably in an Oracle environment
desirable. Knowledge of Crystal Reports or other reporting software desirable.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!